There is no doubt in saying that antivirus plays a major role in keeping your device safe from malware and it’s important to know which antivirus software is right for you. It protects your data from viruses and also helps in sustaining the performance of your device. It is indeed true that antivirus is a very important tool but the main question is which one you should choose, a paid antivirus or a free one? If this question has come across your mind, then this writes up will be very beneficial for you. In this article, you will get to know about the main differences between paid or free antivirus software. After reading this article, you will have all the information you will need and you will be able to decide much better. So if this sounds useful, then read on.
What Is Antivirus?
An antivirus is a software that protects your device from different kinds of threats. This includes viruses, Trojan, worms, and many more. An antivirus works on the types of threats your device may have and once it detects a threat, it informs you to address the issues. Some antivirus software automatically deletes the infected file as they detect them, so your system won’t get affected. In short, they keep you aware of malware or malfunctioning of any files.
Features And Traits Of An Effective Antivirus
There are many antivirus solutions available in the market but one thing you have to keep in mind is that not all antivirus software is created equal. That’s why you must be very careful while choosing one. To help you understand better, here are some traits of an effective antivirus:
· An antivirus must provide default deny protection so that no virus and infected file can enter the system
· It should scan the device proactively and remove the virus immediately
· Must come with auto-sandbox technology, so the antivirus will only scan the suspicious file without disturbing the normal operations
· Must protect different applications, so your workflow stays uninterrupted
· Should be able to fight all types of malware effectively
Free Antivirus Software
The good thing about free antivirus is that it saves you money. However, you will have to compromise on some features but if you don’t do any online shopping or use credit cards, then it is a perfect option for you. Apart from this, if you just want to use your device for regular uses like binge-watching or photo-editing, then you won’t face any problems with a free antivirus. In simple words, it is suitable for people who only use their devices for offline work.
Norton by Symantec
· Best for people who use their device for gaming purposes
· Provides good protection for normal threats
· Good choice for people whose work do not any involve financial transactions
· The customer support is average
· Won’t be able to protect your device from powerful malware
· Offers fewer features
Paid antivirus software makes sure that your device is getting the best security. You will get the basic along with all the premium features that will protect your device from all kinds of malware. As you know nowadays hackers have many advanced tools that can easily breach the security of a free tool. Its a must to use a paid antivirus, especially if shop online and make payments with your cards.
· You will get exclusive support
· Excellent protection from different kinds of malware and virus
· Comes with a lot of advanced security features
· Will also help you optimize your device more efficiently
· Some software doesn’t come with anti-phishing support, which can be very dangerous for your privacy and security
· Some software only provides call support, which can be problematic if you don’t live near the headquarter of the company
When it comes to choosing an antivirus, most people get confused between a paid or a free one. Well, the simple answer is that it depends on your needs. If you are just a regular user and use your device for watching movies and games, then a free antivirus software can be a good option. On the other hand, if you have a company or your work involves a financial transaction, then you should consider getting a paid antivirus software. We hope this article has answered some of your questions and provided you with some valuable information.