- Reliable and secure apps
- A variety of protocols
- No-log policy & strong encryption
- Exceptional speed & performance
- Compatible with multiple devices
- A bit expensive
- A free trial is not available
- Connections drop occasionally
ExpressVPN is a secure and fast VPN service. It is designed to keep users completely anonymous with its no-logging feature. This VPN service offers maximum privacy while working with Torrenting, P2P, and Tor.
These apps come with impressive designs and feature advanced technologies to ensure easy usage. This service also supports almost all the devices that make it a great option for all types of users.
ExpressVPN features AES 256-bit and OpenVPN protocol. The server park of this VPN consists of more than 3,000 servers and covers around 94 countries. It is a bit more expensive than its competitors.
It features Smart Location that enables users to connect to servers with a simple click. This service measures the speed, distance, and latency to help users with the fastest sever regardless of location and time. This feature contributes to improved performance and enhanced customer satisfaction.
One reason ExpressVPN is ideal is its outstanding speed, easy navigation, and advanced security features. All the advanced features justify the price that is slightly more than the competitors. The minimum monthly charge for the ExpressVPN is $6.67. Below, we will explain more about ExpressVPN pricing, features, and compatibility.
Features of ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN features a single-panel interface. The usage will be easy by using the on/off button. After clicking the hamburger menu, users will get VPN protocol options.
Because there will be different protocols, it is important to understand all of them to find the best fit. For enhanced security, there is split tunneling and Kill Switch. These features will ensure that your data will not be disclosed to third parties.
The annual subscription of ExpressVPN offers many benefits. It will cover five device connections. It is available on the Kindle Fire, Android, macOS, iOS, Windows, and routers.
This VPN service features the MediaStream service for FireTV, Xbox, Apple TV, and PlayStation. ExpressVPN offers browser extensions from Firefox and Chrome. This feature will enable users to control apps from the browser. They will not need browser proxy connections.
The speed is also impressive and fast. It maintains a 55.18% speed across different locations in a recent test. Performance-wise, there will be no latencies or connection failure. The download speed is fast and the apps will connect quickly. The speed might be a bit compromised in distant locations. This is normal and can be expected from other leading VPNs as well.
ExpressVPN comes with three pricing options. For the first tier, you will have to spend $12.95 per month. If you choose a six-month subscription, the price will be $59.95 and for an annual subscription, it will be $99.95.So, as you can see, you can expect a bit cheaper plan when you go with an annual subscription. They accept all the major credit cards and PayPal. Users can consider WebMoney and Alipay as well.You can even purchase the subscription with Bitcoin. In short, it offers flexible payments and offers a money-back guarantee but it lacks a free trial. If you are not satisfied with the performance and overall result, you will be free to use the refund option. You will have to initiate the process within 30-days of the purchase. This applies to all plans.
- ProtocolsA VPN is a mature technology and there are many different ways to connect with a VPN. One preferred choice is OpenVPN. This one is well-known for reliability and speed.You can have this protocol with ExpressVPN however, it is not limited to this single protocol. There are many other protocols. ExpressVPN will support OpenVPN on iOS, Linux, Android, Windows, and macOS.Here are ExpressVPN supported protocols.
- IKEv1/2ExpressVPN supports L2TP on Windows and macOS and PPTP protocol on Windows. This VPN service supports IKEv1/2 on Android. Users will have solid support regardless of the type of device they are using.3. CompatibilityExpressVPN is compatible with most of your devices. This includes iOS, Mac, Android, Windows, Nook, Linux, Kindle Fire, and Chromebook. You can also get the firmware, configuration files, and instructions for smart TVs, routers, and gaming consoles.There are extensions for Firebox and Chrome. These apps are super easy to navigate and install. You can use ExpressVPN on five devices simultaneously. Once installed on a router, it will extend the support to endless simultaneous connections.
ExpressVPN takes all the security measures to safeguard the privacy of users. It features powerful AES-256CBC encryption and HMAC to prevent real-time data alterations. The company has 256-bit DNS that is used on the servers to ensure the safety of traffic.
It has also introduced TrustedServer to ensure that all the servers will run advanced software. This will minimize the risk of misconfiguration as well as vulnerabilities. All these features will boost the security of this VPN service.
- ExpressVPN is known for its no-logging policy. Its servers do not log DNS queries, metadata, traffic destination, browsing history, IP addresses, or any other personal information of users. It collects only minimal information about the service users that includes the dates, servers, and amount of the data used by customers.
ExpressVPN is undoubtedly a preferred VPN service. It has everything that one can expect from a reliable and safe VPN. The advanced features, excellent speed, different protocols, and exceptional security make it worth the cost.
ExpressVPN security features make it a perfect choice for all those who want more privacy and advanced security. It features a zero-logging policy and TrustedServer technology to guarantee your privacy and security online.